Wednesday, April 27, 2011

EDW - Modeling a Humanoid Cont.

So, with my reference pictures in place and ready for modeling the entire human form, I began my approach with primitive box shapes that are smoothed by one division level. Boxing out the general forms with these geometrical pieces, I then started to combine them once they were in their anatomically correct positions. Once they were combined to a single mesh, I used the append to polygon tool to connect them all together. I feel this method is quite effective.






My two biggest problems included a strong non-planar face where the shoulder meets the body, and the fact that I was unable to increase the transparency of my images planes in the scene. I wanted my frontal image translucent because the shin of my leg goes behind the images plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment