Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rendering - Update

So for our 5th rendering assignment, it was required that we used 2 of the 3 following attributes:
Global Illumination
Physical Sun and Sky
Caustics

Unfortunately, I came down with the cold last Tuesday when my professor lectured on caustics, so luckily I already knew how to accomplish the other two.

I decided to make a scene that incorporates Physical SnA by having it enter the openings of primitive objects through its bounced light (global illumination) while colors were bleeding onto other surfaces in a very subtle manner. This is what I came up with:

As you can see, the direction of the physical SnA is coming from behind the two primary boxes (evident from the angle of the shadows). I felt that this was the best way to give justice to the global illumination used.

No comments:

Post a Comment