Sunday, April 3, 2011

EDW - Modeling a Humanoid

For my Experimental Digital Workshop class, I plan on modeling a humanoid based character from start to finish. Depending on how I progress, I may be able to glamorize it to a certain extent (possibly texturing it and/or bringing it into Mudbox/Zbrush to sculpt the High-poly mesh for it. I chose this because, quite frankly, I have never made or really even attempted making a human-shaped model in Maya; I feel that it's something mandatory for my progression as a 3D artist, and.. well... better now than later!

To obtain a foundation for this pursuit, I must first get some orthographic reference photos. This is extremely important, as making an anatomically-correct model is probably pretty damn hard to do for the first time just by eye.

2 quarters ago, one of the professors in my program instructed a low-poly modeling course where students modeled a human from beginning to end (while keep as low of a poly count as possible of course). With certain permission, it would be of great help to possibly obtain some of the reference photos used in that class. If not though, I should be able to find some one way or another, or I could even take pictures of someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment