Saturday, April 2, 2011

Intro to Production Pipeline

For IPP, I plan to develop a wide array of weapons and armor relatively influenced by medieval times to be used as assets in a video game.

To accomplish this task, I plan to make low poly models of the assets in Maya. I would try and do this as efficiently as possible, as I want them to be made as assets for a game and not for cinematics. From there, I would export them into Mudbox and create maps for them to polish off the subtle details that they may require. 
This may in include normal maps, displacement maps, and even color maps.




I plan to emulate  the generic design of weapons from times ranging from the 4th century to 17th century; As I progress with the designs, I will most likely make variations of my models based on imagination. This goes for armor as well; I want to see what color combinations are most appealing to the styles created.



No comments:

Post a Comment